This super-easy recipe for microwave meatballs from Michael Compean of Valencia, California features the flavors of ginger, Dijon and plum sauce. You might want to pick up extras; these will go fast!
- 3/4 cup plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs, thawed
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the plum sauce, soy sauce, mustard and ginger. Add meatballs; stir gently to coat.
- Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Cool for 1 minute. Fold in onion and cilantro. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Meatballs in Plum Sauce in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p13
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Homemade Meatballs in Plum Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review