Homemade Meatball Lasagna Recipe
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Garlic salt to taste
- 8 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 24 frozen fully cooked meatballs (1 inch), thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Crumble meatballs into the sauce. In a small bowl, combine egg and ricotta cheese. Spoon 1 cup of the meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the noodles, ricotta mixture, meat sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 10 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now