Pssst! Did you know America’s top-selling condiment and go-to dressing for chicken, tuna and potato salad can be prepared with a handful of everyday pantry items? —Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water, constantly
- whisk the egg yolks, water and lemon juice until mixture reaches
- 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. While
- stirring, quickly place the bottom of the pan in a bowl of ice
- water; continue stirring for 2 minutes or until cooled.
- Transfer to a blender. Add salt and pepper. While processing,
- gradually add oil in a steady stream. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 7 days. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tablespoon equals 84 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 fat.