Homemade Mashed Potato Bake
A co-worker gave me this recipe. Once my family tasted it, we all agreed it was a keeper! Speckled with ham and flavored with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, it's a little different.Gail Buss, Westminster, Maryland
8 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) diced mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain well and mash.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add ham, cheeses, 2 tablespoons
- parsley, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir in mashed potatoes.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated
- through. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 210 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 578 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.