Homemade Mashed Potato Bake Recipe
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) diced mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender. Drain well and mash.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add ham, cheeses, 2 tablespoons parsley, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir in mashed potatoes.
- 3. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 210 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 578mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Homemade Mashed Potato Bake
"These potatoes are yummy and easy! I just left out the ham, because I didn't want to serve a meat and then have meat in my side.~ Theresa"