A co-worker gave me this recipe. Once my family tasted it, we all agreed it was a keeper! Speckled with ham and flavored with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, it's a little different.—Gail Buss, Westminster, Maryland
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) diced mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender. Drain well and mash.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add ham, cheeses, 2 tablespoons parsley, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir in mashed potatoes.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mashed Potato Bake in Taste of Home August/September 2006, p33
Reviews for Homemade Mashed Potato Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2009
"These potatoes are yummy and easy! I just left out the ham, because I didn't want to serve a meat and then have meat in my side.~ Theresa"