Homemade Mashed Potato Bake Recipe
A co-worker gave me this recipe. Once my family tasted it, we all agreed it was a keeper! Speckled with ham and flavored with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, it's a little different.Gail Buss, Westminster, Maryland
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) diced mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender. Drain well and mash.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add ham, cheeses, 2 tablespoons parsley, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir in mashed potatoes.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mashed Potato Bake in Taste of Home August/September 2006, p33
Reviews for Homemade Mashed Potato Bake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2009
These potatoes are yummy and easy! I just left out the ham, because I didn't want to serve a meat and then have meat in my side.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Mashed Potato Recipes >
- Potato Casseroles >
- Potato Recipes >