- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- Lollipop sticks
- In a large bowl, combine cold water and gelatin; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, corn syrup, water and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cover and cook for 2 minutes to dissolve sugar crystals; uncover and cook on medium-high heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 240° (soft-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat and gradually add to gelatin. Beat on medium speed for 14 minutes. Add extract; beat 1 minute longer. Meanwhile, sprinkle 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan.
- With greased hands, spread marshmallow mixture into prepared pan. Top with 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar. Cover and cool at room temperature for 6 hours or overnight.
- Cut 15 snowflakes with a greased 2-1/2-in. snowflake-shaped cookie cutter; toss in remaining confectioners' sugar. Gently press lollipop stick into each snowflake. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place. Yield: 15 pops.
Reviews for Homemade Marshmallow Pops
Sort By :
"Simple and easy to make - these make great add-ons to Christmas gifts w/ instructions to stir into hot chocolate. I made them and the recipients loved them!!"
"This was easy to make. I'm making them again this year and will dip them in chocolate and peppermint or sprinkles for teacher gifts and Elf treats"
"This homemade marshmellow recipe does not say it is DIABETIC friendly! if you can read a recipe then you should know what you can or can not have. please educate yourself."
"This is NOT Diabetic friendly - you have sugar, corn syrup AND icing sugar. ON WHAT planet IS this safe for a Diabetic. GET a new review system or other people should EDUCATE themselves on the effects of sugar on a Diabetic. This makes me angry! MISLEADING information that could be dangerous for someone with Diabetes!!!"