Homemade Marinated Pork Roast Recipe
Because almost all of the preparation is done ahead of time, this recipe is perfect for get-togethers. It's one of our family's favorite dishes.
- 1 liter ginger ale
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 bone-in center cut pork roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup water
- In a large heavy-duty resealable plastic bag or shallow glass dish, combine the first six ingredients. Add pork roast. Seal or cover and refrigerate overnight, turning once. Place roast and marinade in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°-170°. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, measure 2 cups pan drippings. Skim fat; pour into a saucepan. Combine the flour and water until smooth; add to drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve with the roast. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Pork Roast in Country Extra March 1998, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Homemade Marinated Pork Roast(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review