Homemade Marinated Flank Steak
Lemon and ginger enhance these melt-in-your-mouth steaks. The thinly sliced meat basks in the savory marinade overnight for extra flavor and tenderness.
5 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, garlic, bouillon and
- ginger. Pour 1/3 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add flank
- steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and
- refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat
- for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness
- (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with reserved
- marinade. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. To serve, thinly slice
- across the grain. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked beef equals 264 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a