- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, garlic, bouillon and ginger. Pour 1/3 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add flank steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. To serve, thinly slice across the grain. Yield: 5 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now