Homemade Maple Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Here’s a 5-inch pie that’s as cute as it is delicious. You’ll enjoy the creamy pumpkin-maple filling and golden, melt-in-your-mouth crust. It’s great with whipped cream. —Vivian Colwell, Goshen, Ohio.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- Dash salt
- 1. In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until easy to handle. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the filling ingredients.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to fit a 5-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Pour filling into crust.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 servings.
1 piece: 419 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Maple Pumpkin Pie
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2009
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC