Homemade Manicotti Recipe
These tender manicotti are much easier to stuff than the purchased variety. People are always amazed when I say I make my own noodles. My son fixed this recipe for several of his friends, and they were extremely impressed with his cooking skills. —Sue Ann Bunt, Painted Post, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 70 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:6 servings
- CREPE NOODLES:
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- Shredded Romano cheese, optional
- 1. Place flour in a bowl; whisk in milk, eggs and salt until smooth. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. skillet; pour about 2 tablespoons batter into center of skillet. Spread into a 5-in. circle. Cook over medium heat until set; do not brown or turn. Repeat with remaining batter, making 18 crepes. Stack crepes with waxed paper in between; set aside.
- 2. For filling, combine cheeses, egg and parsley. Spoon 3-4 tablespoons down the center of each crepe; roll up. Pour half of the spaghetti sauce into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place crepes, seam side down, over sauce; pour remaining sauce over top.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with Romano cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3 each) equals 480 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 201 mg cholesterol, 1,128 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC