Homemade Manicotti Recipe
These tender manicotti are much easier to stuff than the purchased variety. People are always amazed when I say I make my own noodles. My son fixed this recipe for several of his friends, and they were extremely impressed with his cooking skills. —Sue Ann Bunt, Painted Post, New York
- CREPE NOODLES:
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- Shredded Romano cheese, optional
- 1. Place flour in a bowl; whisk in milk, eggs and salt until smooth. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. skillet; pour about 2 tablespoons batter into center of skillet. Spread into a 5-in. circle. Cook over medium heat until set; do not brown or turn. Repeat with remaining batter, making 18 crepes. Stack crepes with waxed paper in between; set aside.
- 2. For filling, combine cheeses, egg and parsley. Spoon 3-4 tablespoons down the center of each crepe; roll up. Pour half of the spaghetti sauce into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place crepes, seam side down, over sauce; pour remaining sauce over top.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with Romano cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3 each) equals 480 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 201 mg cholesterol, 1,128 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC