Homemade Mandarin Orange Cake Recipe
I've taken this cake to potlucks and it's always a hit. Everyone enjoys the light and moist cake with its fluffy orange frosting.—Kris Lehman
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Drain oranges, reserving juice. Set oranges aside. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, oil, eggs, orange extract and reserved juice on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. For topping, in a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in pineapple and reserved oranges, then fold in whipped topping. Frost the cake. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 317 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC