- minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in applesauce and vanilla (mixture will appear curdled).
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture
- alternately with buttermilk. Fold in pecans and coconut.
- Pour into prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until
- a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10
- minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until
- fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake.
- Sprinkle pecans over top of cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield:
- 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 297 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 180 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.