Homemade Macaroon Kisses Recipe
These cookies are sure to delight the coconut and chocolate lover. The combination will to be irresistible to everyone. —Ms. Lee B. Roberts, Racine, Wisconsin
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 48 milk chocolate kisses
- Coarse sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 3 cups coconut. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Shape into 1-in. balls and roll in the remaining coconut. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie; sprinkle with coarse sugar. Cool on pan 2-3 minutes or until chocolate is softened. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 120 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC