Homemade Macaroon Kisses Recipe
These cookies are sure to delight the coconut and chocolate lover. The combination will to be irresistible to everyone. —Ms. Lee B. Roberts, Racine, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling YIELD:48 servings
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 48 milk chocolate kisses
- Coarse sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 3 cups coconut. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Shape into 1-in. balls and roll in the remaining coconut. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie; sprinkle with coarse sugar. Cool on pan 2-3 minutes or until chocolate is softened. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 120 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC