Homemade Macadamia Crusted Tilapia
I ordered this entree at a restaurant on our first wedding anniversary. It was so delicious, I couldn't wait to re-create the recipe at home. Every time I make it, my husband and I recall a very special evening.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup Thai peanut sauce
- Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. In another shallow
- bowl, combine the nuts, bread crumbs, cheese and garlic powder. Coat
- tilapia with flour, then dip in egg and coat with nut mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium heat for 5-6
- minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve
- with peanut sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 461 calories, 30 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 181 mg cholesterol, 737 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 40 g protein.