Homemade Macadamia Crusted Tilapia Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup Thai peanut sauce
- 1. Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. In another shallow bowl, combine the nuts, bread crumbs, cheese and garlic powder. Coat tilapia with flour, then dip in egg and coat with nut mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with peanut sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 461 calories, 30 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 181 mg cholesterol, 737 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Macadamia Crusted Tilapia
"Don't buy macadamia nuts (too expensive) so I substituted almonds with good results. yum!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.