- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup Thai peanut sauce
- Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. In another shallow bowl, combine the nuts, bread crumbs, cheese and garlic powder. Coat tilapia with flour, then dip in egg and coat with nut mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with peanut sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Macadamia-Crusted Tilapia in Reminisce Extra July 2010, p59
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Homemade Macadamia Crusted Tilapia
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2011
"Don't buy macadamia nuts (too expensive) so I substituted almonds with good results. yum!"