Homemade Lollipop Cookies
This is my grandson's favorite cookie recipe. One year he asked me to make them for his kindergarten class. I did, and drove 50 miles to deliver them to his school! The cookies are delicious even if you don't make them into "lollipops." —Flo Burtnett, Gage, Oklahoma
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Popsicle sticks or wooden skewers
- Assorted decorating gels
- Miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Assorted candies: gum drops, sour spaghetti candy and peanut M&Ms
- In a large bowl, cream sugars and shortening until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, water and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking
- powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Lightly flour hands and shape dough into 24 balls. Place on ungreased
- baking sheets. Flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in flour.
- Insert a Popsicle stick or skewer into each.
- Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove