Homemade Lime Sherbet Recipe
My luncheon guests are always impressed when I serve this smooth, refreshing dessert garnished with candied edible flowers. The sherbet's lime flavor is so pleasant!
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine milk and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture reaches 175°. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. Stir in the lime juice, peel and food coloring if desired. Freeze in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's directions.
- 3. Transfer sherbet to a 2-1/2-qt. freezer container. Allow to soften slightly; fold in whipped topping. Freeze for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.
1 cup equals 239 calories, 7 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Lime Sherbet
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC