- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large saucepan, combine milk and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture reaches 175°. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Stir in the lime juice, peel and food coloring if desired. Freeze in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's directions.
- Transfer sherbet to a 2-1/2-qt. freezer container. Allow to soften slightly; fold in whipped topping. Freeze for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.
Originally published as Creamy Lime Sherbet in Taste of Home April/May 2008, p43
Reviews for Homemade Lime Sherbet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2013
"The only difference I made was whip up real whipping cream and omitted the food coloring. this was amazing!"
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2009
"How do you prepare the sugared, edible flower?? And what type of flowers can you use?"