Homemade Lime Sherbet Recipe
My luncheon guests are always impressed when I serve this smooth, refreshing dessert garnished with candied edible flowers. The sherbet's lime flavor is so pleasant!
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large saucepan, combine milk and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture reaches 175°. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Stir in the lime juice, peel and food coloring if desired. Freeze in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's directions.
- Transfer sherbet to a 2-1/2-qt. freezer container. Allow to soften slightly; fold in whipped topping. Freeze for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.
Originally published as Creamy Lime Sherbet in Taste of Home April/May 2008, p43
Reviews for Homemade Lime Sherbet(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Homemade Ice Cream >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Irish Desserts >
- Irish Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >