Homemade Lemonade Recipe
This old-fashioned thirst quencher comes from field editor Becky Baird of Salt Lake City, Utah. Club soda gives a little fizz to the refreshing sweet-tart beverage.
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup lemon peel strips (about 6 lemons)
- 3 cups lemon juice (about 14 lemons)
- 1 bottle (1 liter) club soda, chilled
- In a large saucepan, heat sugar and water over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently. Stir in lemon peel strips. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- Stir in lemon juice; cover and refrigerate until chilled. Discard lemon peel. Pour mixture into a large pitcher; gradually stir in club soda. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Homemade Lemonade in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p10
Reviews for Homemade Lemonade(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review