Homemade Lemon Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon juice, cream and lemon peel. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters dipped in flour. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 13 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 108 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Lemon Sugar Cookies
"kdcannon the recipe calls for butter not shortening. Hope that helps clear things up.Susan StetzelOnline Community ManagerTaste of Home Magazine"
"Do you have to use butter flavored shortening??"
"they were great!!!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.