These light cookies are crisp on the outside and soft inside, making it hard to eat just one! I most often bake them for Christmas and Valentine's Day.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon juice, cream and lemon peel. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters dipped in flour. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 13 dozen.
Originally published as Lemon Sugar Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p49
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Homemade Lemon Sugar Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review