Homemade Lemon Pound Cake Recipe
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds, optional
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, egg, oil, orange juice and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in poppy seeds if desired.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. For glaze, in a small bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth; drizzle over cake. Yield: 1 mini loaf (6 slices).
1 slice equals 200 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.