Homemade Lemon Pound Cake Recipe
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds, optional
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, egg, oil, orange juice and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in poppy seeds if desired.
- Pour into a greased and floured 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth; drizzle over cake. Yield: 1 mini loaf (6 slices).
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Homemade Lemon Pound Cake(3)
Sort By :
Haven't tried this yet, but love the fact that it makes one MINI loaf! For us single folks, so much easier than always trying to cut down a larger recipe. I give it 5 stars just for that!
This was good, but I wanted more lemon flavor so I substituted lemon juice for the orange juice and add lemon zest instead of lemon extract. This for a small mini loaf. You will need to double or triple the recipes. The recipe does double easily.
This is very soft, tasty, with a nice crust!
I would note to people that the recipe is for a MINI loaf and I think most people would rather have a regular-sized loaf. I just doubled everything and it turned out great. Also, I would personally like a bit more lemon taste just to the plain loaf itself, if going without a glaze.
This is a wonderful recipe that I will surely make many times and recommend to others. Thank-you.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Desserts for Two >
- Desserts Recipes For Two >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easter Desserts >