I take this cake when asked to bring dessert for potluck lunches. The ladies sometimes come to blows to see who gets to take home the leftovers! —Corkey Addcox, Mt. Shasta, California
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds, optional
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, egg, oil, orange juice and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in poppy seeds if desired.
- Pour into a greased and floured 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth; drizzle over cake. Yield: 1 mini loaf (6 slices).
Originally published as Lemon Pound Cake in Reminisce April/May 2009, p 50
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Homemade Lemon Pound Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review