- wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the lemon juice and remaining
- sugar. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil; cook and stir
- 1-2 minutes longer or until sugar is dissolved. Using a fork, poke
- holes in top of cake. Gradually pour hot syrup over cake. Cool
- completely. Yield: 2 dozen slices.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 slices) equals 266 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 318 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.