Homemade Lemon Ladyfinger Dessert Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 package (3 ounces) ladyfingers
- Lemon peel strips, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in water; stir until completely dissolved. Refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 45 minutes.
- 2. Beat in cream and extract until cream mixture mounds slightly, about 10 minutes. Fold in lemon peel. Split ladyfingers and arrange upright around the edge of a 2-1/2-qt. serving bowl (about 8-in. diameter). Set aside any unused ladyfingers for garnish or another use.
- 3. Pour cream mixture into bowl. Garnish with remaining ladyfingers and lemon peel strips if desired. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 274 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.