Homemade Lemon Curd
Lemon curd is a scrumptious spread for scones, biscuits or other baked goods. You can find it in larger grocery stores alongside the jams and jellies or with the baking supplies, but I like making it from scratch.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
13 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- In a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk eggs, sugar and
- lemon juice until blended. Add butter and lemon peel; cook, whisking
- constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a metal
- spoon. Transfer to a small bowl; cool 10 minutes. Refrigerate,
- covered, until cold.
- Yield: 1-2/3 cups.