- until very thick. Remove from the heat; stir in butter, lemon peel
- and food coloring if desired. Gently stir in 1/2 cup lemon juice.
- Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until
- smooth. Fold in whipped topping and remaining lemon juice. Spread
- into crust; top with lemon filling. Refrigerate for 6 hours or until
- the top is set. Garnish with pastry stars. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One piece equals 341 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 431 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.