Homemade Lemon Cheese Pie Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 to 4 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1. Lightly roll out pastry into a 12-in. circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate, reserving scraps for garnish. Flute edges. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Roll out pastry scraps to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut out star shapes with 1-1/2-in. cookie cutters. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in water until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until very thick. Remove from the heat; stir in butter, lemon peel and food coloring if desired. Gently stir in 1/2 cup lemon juice. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- 4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping and remaining lemon juice. Spread into crust; top with lemon filling. Refrigerate for 6 hours or until the top is set. Garnish with pastry stars. Yield: 10 servings.
1 piece: 341 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 431mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (0g sugars, trace fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Homemade Lemon Cheese Pie
"Made this recipe a few years ago and it was such a hit that I make it all the time now! Everyone that has ever tasted it has asked for the recipe. Excellent recipe."
"I lost this issue of Taste of Home with dozens of pies when I moved from my home of 21 years. My things where in 3 different places and kept hoping to find this issue but finally gave up just recently. Have only been on line a month and just thought of looking up this site, and now have the recipe I've missed so much, and a way to find others that were also lost. Thank you so much."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.