- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- Orange peel strips (1 to 3 inches), optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat flour, butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Press onto bottom of an ungreased 8-in.-square baking dish. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For topping, in a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, flour, lemon juice, extract, baking powder and salt until frothy; pour over hot crust.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Cool completely in dish on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. If desired, sprinkle with orange peel strips. Yield: 9 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Homemade Lemon Bars
"These are so easy to make and disappear quickly."
"Amazingly easy and very tasty. My family thoroughly enjoyed them."
"Very good. Loved the crunchy crust. Could have used more butter in crust. Also I added lemon rind. Can't wait to do it again."
"Very very hoid"
"This recipe required an adjustment. I noticed that the crust of the lemon bars did not gel with only 1\3 cup butter. I used 2\3 cup butter, and the bottom crust gelled. Otherwise, the recipe works out well.These bars have a mild flavor."