Homemade Lemon Bars Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- Orange peel strips (1 to 3 inches), optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat flour, butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Press onto bottom of an ungreased 8-in.-square baking dish. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. For topping, in a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, flour, lemon juice, extract, baking powder and salt until frothy; pour over hot crust.
- 3. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Cool completely in dish on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. If desired, sprinkle with orange peel strips. Yield: 9 servings.
> 1 piece equals 235 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 171 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Lemon Bars
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.