- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- Orange peel strips (1 to 3 inches), optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat flour, butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Press onto bottom of an ungreased 8-in.-square baking dish. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For topping, in a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, flour, lemon juice, extract, baking powder and salt until frothy; pour over hot crust.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Cool completely in dish on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. If desired, sprinkle with orange peel strips. Yield: 9 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Homemade Lemon Bars
Sort By :
"Amazingly easy and very tasty. My family thoroughly enjoyed them."
"Very good. Loved the crunchy crust. Could have used more butter in crust. Also I added lemon rind. Can't wait to do it again."
"Very very hoid"
"This recipe required an adjustment. I noticed that the crust of the lemon bars did not gel with only 1\3 cup butter. I used 2\3 cup butter, and the bottom crust gelled. Otherwise, the recipe works out well.These bars have a mild flavor."
"Have made these twice. The first time I followed the directions and did NOT grease the pan, and they stuck like crazy.The second time, I sprayed the 8x8 baking pan and then followed the directions, except I added 4 Tblsp of lemon juice AND the zest of a lemon, baked them for 25 minutes, they turned out wonderful, and they did not stick."