Homemade Lavender Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dried lavender flowers
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the milk, honey and lavender. Bring to a gentle boil. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. Strain, reserving the milk; discard lavender. In a bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar until thick and lemon-colored, about 4 minutes. Return milk to the saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Add a small amount of milk to eggs; return all to pan. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is thick enough to coat a metal spoon and reaches 160°, about 12 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in cream.
- 3. Set saucepan in ice and stir mixture for 5-10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate overnight. When ready to freeze, pour milk mixture into the cylinder of an ice cream freezer. Freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Yield: 1 quart.
1/4 cup: 244 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 182mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (21g sugars, trace fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Homemade Lavender Ice Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.