Homemade Lavender Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dried lavender flowers
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the milk, honey and lavender. Bring to a gentle boil. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. Strain, reserving the milk; discard lavender. In a bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar until thick and lemon-colored, about 4 minutes. Return milk to the saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Add a small amount of milk to eggs; return all to pan. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is thick enough to coat a metal spoon and reaches 160°, about 12 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in cream.
- 3. Set saucepan in ice and stir mixture for 5-10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate overnight. When ready to freeze, pour milk mixture into the cylinder of an ice cream freezer. Freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Yield: 1 quart.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 244 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 182 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Lavender Ice Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.