Homemade Jiffy Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
I got this recipe from my mom. I like to refrigerate the dough overnight to quickly bake first thing in the morning. -Heather Maldaner Rolling Hills, Alberta
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 7 to 8 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk, a tablespoon at a time, and toss with a fork until mixture forms a ball. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a 7-in. square. Spread with 2 tablespoons butter.
- 2. Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Roll up jellyroll style. Cut into six even slices. Place cut side up in greased muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Melt remaining butter; brush over rolls. Serve warm. Yield: 6 rolls.
1 serving (1 each) equals 239 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 367 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC