Homemade Jiffy Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 7 to 8 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk, a tablespoon at a time, and toss with a fork until mixture forms a ball. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a 7-in. square. Spread with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Roll up jellyroll style. Cut into six even slices. Place cut side up in greased muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Melt remaining butter; brush over rolls. Serve warm. Yield: 6 rolls.
Reviews for Homemade Jiffy Cinnamon Rolls(4)
Sort By :
i mixed the cinnamon and sugar butter to make a paste and added raisins spread this on the dough it was excellent everyone loved them i will have to double it next time
I added raisins and glazed it with a mixture of orange juice (fresh) and confectionars sugar. It was absolutely delicious and gone in 5 minutes! Will be making this again! Thanks!
I also made them with strawberry jam in them, instead of cinnamon, and they were great, i also put some vanilla extract in the dough.
Made this with a group of young girls in a baking class and it was a hit. They all loved it and had a lot of fun making them. I am going to make them again.