- vegetables are tender. Add tomatoes and Italian seasoning; cook 10
- minutes longer.
- Add the broth, beans, water, wine or additional broth, macaroni,
- tomato sauce and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered
- until macaroni is tender, about 10 minutes. Serve with Parmesan
- cheese if desired. Yield: 16 servings (4 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 231 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 748 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.