Homemade Italian Sauce Recipe
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato puree
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until sauce reaches desired thickness. Use in Deep-Dish Sausage Pizza, Tomato Artichoke Chicken or any recipe that calls for pizza sauce. Sauce may be refrigerated for up to 1 week. Yield: 5-1/2 cups.
1/2 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Homemade Italian Sauce
"Would this recipe be good to can or is there a better recipe out there for canning.Jean"