Homemade Italian Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large oven roasting bag
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1-2/3 cups water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1. Sprinkle flour into oven bag; shake to coat. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; add roast. In a small bowl, combine the water, tomato soup, soup mix, Italian seasoning and garlic; pour into oven bag.
- 2. Cut six 1/2-in. slits in top of bag; close with tie provided. Bake at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3. Remove roast to a serving platter and keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan; skim fat. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice roast; serve with gravy. Yield: 8-10 servings (3 cups gravy).
4 ounce-weight: 276 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 480mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein
Reviews for Homemade Italian Pot Roast
"This is absolutely delicious. I put it in a slow cooker on high for 5 hours. I also added a can of mushroom ends and pieces (drained to it). This will definitely be a family favorite."
"So good, so easy - definately a keeper! Next time I will try some of the others add ins I read about in other reviews!"
"I've made this roast as directed, but also added cut up potatoes, celery, carrots & onion...the veggies cook along with the roast in the flavorful soup mixture..so tasty and clean-up is a breeze!! Try it...I think you'll like it as much as we do:))"
"This was so good. So easy to make. I followed the directions exactly. I won't change a thing when I make it again."
"This is delicious and so easy. The first time I made it exactly from the recipe. The second time I made it, I studded the roast with the garlic, and added a bay leaf. Awesome!"
"Delicious, and so easy, and very easy cleanup!"
"I made this for my husband and he raved over it! We both agree that it's now our favorite pot roast. It was absolutely awesome! Very tender and delicious!!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.