Homemade Italian Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 large oven roasting bag
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1-2/3 cups water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Sprinkle flour into oven bag; shake to coat. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; add roast. In a small bowl, combine the water, tomato soup, soup mix, Italian seasoning and garlic; pour into oven bag.
- Cut six 1/2-in. slits in top of bag; close with tie provided. Bake at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast to a serving platter and keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan; skim fat. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice roast; serve with gravy. Yield: 8-10 servings (3 cups gravy).
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Homemade Italian Pot Roast(6)
Sort By :
So good, so easy - definately a keeper! Next time I will try some of the others add ins I read about in other reviews!
I've made this roast as directed, but also added cut up potatoes, celery, carrots & onion...the veggies cook along with the roast in the flavorful soup mixture..so tasty and clean-up is a breeze!! Try it...I think you'll like it as much as we do:))
This was so good. So easy to make. I followed the directions exactly. I won't change a thing when I make it again.
This is delicious and so easy. The first time I made it exactly from the recipe. The second time I made it, I studded the roast with the garlic, and added a bay leaf. Awesome!
Delicious, and so easy, and very easy cleanup!