Homemade Italian Pork Chops Recipe
Tomato sauce seasoned with oregano, basil and garlic gives Italian flavor to tender chops. "This is one of the few ways I will eat pork chops," relates Vickie Lowe of Lititz, Pennsylvania.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 6-8 hours YIELD:4 servings
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried oregano, basil and parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Green pepper rings, optional
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, brown pork chops on both sides. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the mushrooms, onion and garlic. Top with the pork chops.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce, lemon juice, salt, oregano, basil and parsley. Pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.Remove pork and keep warm. Transfer mushroom mixture to a saucepan.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; add to saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over the pork chops.
- 4. Garnish with green pepper rings if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC