- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3-3/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cooked spaghetti
- Place chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes; drain.
- Sprinkle chicken with Parmesan cheese. Combine spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and olives. (If sauce is thick, add water.) Pour over chicken; bake for another 20 minutes or until chicken is done. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; return to oven just until cheese melts. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Homemade Italian Chicken
Sort By :
Very easy recipe and delicious. My modification was to omit the black olives and used halved chicken breasts. I sprinkled them with garlic powder before baking. Use a good quality spaghetti sauce and you won't be disappointed. Served with a green salad and garlic bread.
Great recipe, I just added some fresh garlic, chopped onion, and sliced sweet red pepper. Yum