My family was rather skeptical the first time I served this, but I knew it was a hit when they quickly asked for seconds! I especially like serving this to company, since I can visit with my guests while it bakes.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3-3/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cooked spaghetti
- Place chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes; drain.
- Sprinkle chicken with Parmesan cheese. Combine spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and olives. (If sauce is thick, add water.) Pour over chicken; bake for another 20 minutes or until chicken is done. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; return to oven just until cheese melts. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Chicken in Country Extra January 1992, p51
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Homemade Italian Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review