Homemade Italian Beef Sandwiches Recipe
MY HUSBAND and I are retired ranchersso beef is a frequent favorite main dish at our house. I've even written my own beef cookbook based on recipes that I've collected through the years. Everyone enjoys these hearty, tasty sandwiches that can be made for twoor any size group. Margery Bryan Royal City, Washington
- 3 garlic cloves, divided
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 beef sirloin tip steaks (1/4 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 2 Italian rolls, split
- Cut one garlic clove in half; place in a saucepan. Add broth and 1/4 teaspoon oregano; cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Discard garlic clove. Remove broth from the heat and set aside.
- Mince remaining garlic; place in a skillet. Add the onion, green pepper, oil and remaining oregano; cook and stir over medium heat until crisp-tender.
- Remove vegetables and keep warm. Add meat to the skillet; cook over medium heat until browned on both sides. Add reserved broth; simmer for 10-12 minutes or until meat is tender.
- To serve, brush cut sides of rolls with some of the broth; top with meat and vegetables. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Italian Beef Sandwiches in Reminisce Extra June 1997, p47
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Homemade Italian Beef Sandwiches(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >