Homemade Irish Cream
Add some creamy goodness to your cup of joe with a splash of this alcohol-free version of the Irish favorite. —Marcia Severson, Hallock, Minnesota
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- EACH SERVING:
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee
- In a blender, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and process
- until smooth. Store in the refrigerator.
- For each serving, place coffee in a mug. Stir in 1/3 cup Irish cream.
- Heat mixture in a microwave if desired. Yield: 3-1/3 cups.
Editor's Note: Irish whiskey may be added to this recipe if desired.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 165 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein.