Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 gallon ice cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, shortening, butter, egg, water and vanilla until well blended. Divide into four equal parts.
- 2. Between waxed paper, roll one part into a 10-in. x 6-in. x rectangle. Remove one piece of waxed paper and invert dough onto a ungreased baking sheet. Score the dough into eight pieces, each 3-in. x 2-1/2-in. Repeat with remaining dough.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until puffed. Immediately cut along the scored lines and prick holes in each piece with a fork. Cool on wire racks.
- 4. Cut ice cream into 16 slices, each 3-in. x 2-1/2-in. x 1-in. Place ice cream slice between two chocolate cookies; wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze on a baking sheet overnight. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 326 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.