Homemade Hungarian Goulash Recipe
- 2 pounds beef top round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- Place beef and onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the flour, paprika, garlic salt and pepper; sprinkle over beef and stir to coat. Stir in tomatoes; add bay leaf. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Discard bay leaf. Just before serving, stir in sour cream; heat through. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Homemade Hungarian Goulash(12)
Sort By :
It was good, but bland.
Made this just as the recipe said and it was delicious!
I really liked this. A good dish for the winter months. Creamy and mild in taste. Had with egg noodles.
My family enjoyed this recipe very much. I like the simplicity of it
Out of 7 reviews, I only see 2 that give this recipe higher stars, and both of those reviews had to "tweak" the recipe. I won't be making this.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Steak >