Homemade Hungarian Goulash Recipe
- 2 pounds beef top round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- Place beef and onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the flour, paprika, garlic salt and pepper; sprinkle over beef and stir to coat. Stir in tomatoes; add bay leaf. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Discard bay leaf. Just before serving, stir in sour cream; heat through. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Homemade Hungarian Goulash
Sort By :
"Rivalled my Slovenian mother in laws. I used moose instead of beef because we are a family of hunters. I added two beef bullion cubes and a cup of water to the slow cooker, along with two additional tbsp of flour and skipped the sour cream all together. Would use this recipe again!"
"It was good, but bland."
"Made this just as the recipe said and it was delicious!"
"I really liked this. A good dish for the winter months. Creamy and mild in taste. Had with egg noodles."
"My family enjoyed this recipe very much. I like the simplicity of it"