My mother often had this mix on hand when I was growing up. Now I make this hot cocoa for my kids on cold and rainy mornings. It's cheaper than store-bought mixes and even more delicious.
- 12 cups nonfat dry milk powder (2 pounds)
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 cups instant chocolate drink mix
- 1 jar (6 ounces) powdered nondairy creamer
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients in a very large bowl. Store in an airtight container. To serve, mix 1/3 cup mix with 1 cup boiling water. Yield: 50 servings.
Originally published as Hot Cocoa Mix in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p88
Reviews for Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review