Homemade Horseradish Sauce Recipe
"A little of this fresh zippy relish goes a long way to liven up dark game meats, beef, sausage, chops and deli sandwiches," assures Patricia Wolf of Lewes, Delaware.
- 6 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 8 teaspoons water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup finely shredded horseradish root
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in the horseradish. Cover and refrigerate overnight before serving. Yield: 1 cup.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 34 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC