Homemade Honey Poppy Seed Dressing
This recipe is a great favorite at our house. We use it on all of our garden salads because it blends so well with fresh fruits and vegetables. We enjoy sharing it with others, too, and have received many compliments on it. —Abigail Stauffer, Port Trevorton, Pennsylvania
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh fruit or mixed greens
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first five
- ingredients. Cover and shake well. Store in the refrigerator until
- serving. Serve with fruit or mixed greens. Yield: 3/4 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 155 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.